Data We Collect
In order to provide our services, Olanka Travels may collect, use and disclose your information, including your personal data. Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. You may be asked to provide certain information when you use our services; however, you do have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline, but if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide the services or a particular product or feature, you may not be able to receive the services or use that product or feature.
The data we collect can include the following:
- Names and contact information (e.g., contact number, e-mail address)
- Travel information (e.g., citizenship, date of birth, gender)
- Travel preferences and other information (e.g., Travel dates, pax count, room type, meal type, other personal data provided by you via your booking requests)
- Payment and bank information
Unless you provide consent, Travel and Transport will not collect or share your information for direct marketing purposes.
How we use your information
Olanka Travels may use the information concerning you that we collect or that is provided to us, including personal data, for any of the following purposes:
- To provide our services and fulfill our obligations to you
- To fulfill a request made by you
- To communicate with you via e-mail, telephone/mobile devices or other communication apps
- To provide customer care and support services
- To process payments for your bookings
- To send you information or materials about products or services that may be of interest to you. Where required, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages
- As we believe to be reasonably necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to carry out our obligations and enforce our terms and conditions applicable to our products and services, including for billing and collection purposes; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) to protect against or identify fraudulent transactions
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or with your consent
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to related or unrelated third parties in the following manner:
- To our third party service provides. We may disclose your personal information with a third party so that they can provide services to us including credit card processing, email management and mail out providers
- Where required by law, court or tribunal. Where we are required by a law, court or tribunal to provide your personal information, we will provide your personal information in accordance with the requirements or conditions stipulated by the law, court or tribunal
How Long We Keep Your Information
Olanka Travels retains personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. When determining how long to retain personal data, we take into account our need to collect personal information for the provision of our products and services, applicable laws and regulations (including data protection laws) and our contractual and legal obligations. We may retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims.
We reserve the right to change this policy should we deem it advisable to do so. If we make material changes that will affect personal information we have already collected from you, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the changes and to give you the opportunity to amend or cancel your registrations.